Who We Are
The Kiwanis Club of the Dillsburg Area is a strong club providing service where ever needed in the Dillsburg Area and beyond. Part of a much larger organization our club is part of the Pennsylvania District of Kiwanis International, and is located within division 13N of region 5. Being part of the Kiwanis family allows us to help in much greater strengths, and combine our efforts with other volunteers from throughout the Kiwanis Family.
Kiwanis International is a worldwide service organization celebrating 100 years of service in 2015. Started in Detroit, Michigan in January 1915 Kiwanis now spans across 90 nations providing much needed service and support in communities. Kiwanis proudly serves meals, builds houses, reads to children, raises money and provides a helping hand where ever is needed.
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 Kiwanis International Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the decades, they have remained unchanged.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
The Kiwanis Family is made up of not only Kiwanians from around the world but our sponsored student run organizations:
- Circle K International at the college level
- Key Club International at the High School Level
- Builders Club at the Middle School Level
- K Kids at the Elementary School Level